Connect to education on October, 7th at the UVU Conference on Suicide Prevention Connection Event
This year, the UVU Suicide Prevention Conference includes educational CEU’s specifically for organizations. These EDUCATION and CONNECTION related session topics include:
- QPR (Suicide Prevention) Training for Business Professionals-This session, tailored specifically for business professionals outside the mental health industry, will teach them how to spot mental health decline in the workplace and the most effective ways to intervene. FREE certification available!
- Professional Self Care, Professional Resilience, and Professional Accountability, For Dummies-If you’ve ever struggled to manage personal and professional accountability, simultaneously, this session is for you! This sensational session will unlock the secrets to making the sweetest lemonade with the most bitter lemons, give you tips for sharing it, and will prepare you to have people lining up at work and at home for a copy of your five-star recipe!
- Connection and Education: The Best Roads to Supporting Mental Health in the Workplace-This quick trip will help business professionals prep for and navigating a route to SUPPORTING MENTAL HEALTH IN THE WORKPLACE. Participants will leave this destination specific session with two great maps, the fastest routes, and simple instructions, that will lead to impactfully supporting mental health in the workplace in record time.
- Resource Resource Round Robin/Connect your organization with mental health providers, resources, and support specific to the needs of your organization-You’ll have your own mini meetings in one conference session!
SUPPORT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH EDUCATION
THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RESIDENCY PROGRAM
- To better prepare BH students to enter the job market with refined skills and experience that allows them to effectively influence the increasing demand for BH services in our community
- To funnel a consistent stream of better educated, trained, qualified, experienced BH graduates (employees) into the local workforce upon graduation
- Provide financial incentive to students to invest in the education/training/qualifications/skills necessary to intentionally enter the workforce with competence
BH students go through a possible 3-semester residency program prior to graduation
- Undergrad students/Semester 1 ($2500 scholarship)
- Learn basic industry info/ways/channels to apply their education in the treatment industry/social work market
- Learn basic skills/application relevant across multiple populations/levels/types of care
- Grad students/Semester 2 ($2500 scholarship)
- 4- week rotations in each level and/or type of care (inpatient, RTC, PHP, IOP, Med management, GOP, schools)
- Grad students/Semester 3 ($5000 scholarship)
- Placement according to interest/population/LOC
- Placement = permanent job (guaranteed interview/consideration)
- Creates a scalable, sustainable, consistently trained, replenishable work force that eliminates the persistent staffing problem within the current market
- Significantly reduces labor cost for staffing programs and LOC’s because the scholarship pays the student
- Invests in local talent and education in a way that keeps the local investment working locally
- Gives exclusivity and advantage to attract students to programs within the behavioral sciences
- Creates a significant competitive advantage to expand our workforce
- Will attract more students
- Will drive commitment to invest in graduate level education
PROVIDE A SCHOLARSHIP TO THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RESIDENCY PROGRAM
CONNECT YOUR ORGANIZATION WITH
Skills based curriculum for students and parents is the best resource available to scale and support early intervention in mental health decline. Early intervention with skills-based education is the best form of suicide prevention!
Register for and attend the UVU Suicide Prevention Conference and get a FREE one year license for skills based curriculum (add curriculum icon as a link to sample curriculum page and description of organizations can use curriculum)